How to use avast! Ransomware Removal?
avast! Ransomware Removal removes SimpLocker, Cryptolocker, or any other type of ransomware from infected devices.
A few days ago, we announced a new app that kills Android ransomware. After being available on Google Play, the app has already been received with enthusiasm. We spotted some questions regarding the tool on social media and addressed them to our support team. In this article we will explain how to install, how to run the tool, and why it is important to uninstall it after AVAST has done its job! First, our COO explains what SimpLocker, on of Android’s dreaded ransomware, can do to your phone.
SimpLocker blocks access to files on infected mobile devices by encrypting them. Without our free ransomware removal tool, infected users have to pay $21 to regain access to their personal files. SimpLocker is the first ransomware that actually encrypts files, so we developed a free tool for people to restore them. – said Ondrej Vlcek, Chief Operating Officer at AVAST Software.
1. How can I install the avast! Ransomware Removal tool if my mobile is already being blocked by the malware?
This is a very good question, and we know how to get around this. All users can install the app remotely, but must access Google Play from your computer, not your mobile device. Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Google Play with the same user information you use to log in to your phone
- Find the avast! Ransomware Removal app
- Click the “Install” button and the app will be installed on your device shortly
2. How do I can run the application?
- After the app is installed on your phone, click the app name from within the notification bar
- The app will run and provide you with further instructions
- Run a scan and wait until it has successfully removed the ransomware
- Uninstall the app at the end (you can install it again in the future if necessary).
3. Why am I prompted to uninstall avast! Ransomware Removal once I finish the scan and the ransomware has been removed?
This is one of the most frequent questions being asked by users, so we asked for more details from our experts. Here is an explanation from AVAST developer Jan Svehlak:
Ransomware locks users out of their devices, meaning the malware loads its ransom screen before other apps even have a chance to load. The avast! Ransomware Removal app needs to override the SimplLocker malware first, in order to access the device. However, if not uninstalled after the scan, it will continue to override all apps on the device, meaning it will block all other apps from opening. Therefore avast! Ransomware Removal needs to be uninstalled after accomplishing its task; unlocking your device.
Last, but not least, we believe that prevention is much more efficient than fixing an existing issue. To keep your devices protected from Cryptolocker, SimpLocker, and other ransomware, make sure to also install avast! Free Mobile Security & Antivirus from the Google Play store. It can detect and remove the malware before it is deployed.
Thank you for using avast! Antivirus and recommending us to your friends and family. For all the latest news, fun and contest information, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Business owners – check out our business products.