Six reasons to use avast! SecureLine VPN when traveling
Whether on business travel or vacation, you don’t want to worry about the security of your devices when you connect to the internet. Using a WiFi network in a café, airport, or hotel is a serious security risk that requires additional protection to secure your data and computer.
avast! SecureLine VPN is now completely integrated into all of AVAST’s free and premium products. Here’s the top 6 reasons why you should use avast! SecureLine VPN:
1. Hides your data from thieves – avast! SecureLine VPN encrypts your public WiFi communications. That means that someone snooping on you will see a bunch of gibberish instead of your email, files, passwords, etc.
2. Keeps eavesdroppers from listening to your VOIP calls – avast! SecureLine VPN makes your voice or video conversations through the internet using Skype or Viber, for example, safe and secure by encrypting your conversation. This allows you to talk to people without fear of being eavesdropped on by cybercrooks, your ISP, and even the government!
3. Stops search engines from logging your searches – Search engines like Google or Bing keep track of your search history and attaches this information to your IP address and sends it to other websites. This can be used to customize advertising and future searches. avast! SecureLine VPN prevents tracking by masking your real IP address.
4. Lets you download/upload files privately – Whether you are sharing hush-hush business plans, divorce documents, or photos of the family trip, avast! SecureLine VPN is worth the money spent for the privacy and protection from surveillance. (you can get one month or one year plans)
5. Secures your login details to personal accounts You are at risk when the public WiFi network doesn’t require a password, has only WEP encryption, or only a login/password combination like you often see at hotels. When you log into a public WiFi network, and then connect to avast! SecureLine VPN, all of your web use is encrypted and hidden from prying eyes.
6. Makes your browsing anonymous – Don’t worry that your online obsession with Pokémon will be found out. avast! SecureLine VPN cloaks your IP address so you can keep your private searches private. Connecting to a VPN server also allows you to bypass censorship restrictions so you can access the WWW without restrictions or government eavesdropping.
BONUS REASON – Access Geo-Blocked Websites
When traveling, you may have noticed that some sites like Netflix, Pandora, and Hulu are blocked because of region restrictions. avast! SecureLine VPN lets you connect to a server in a different country, so you can access your sites without problem.
If you travel a lot, you can buy a full year’s license for avast! SecureLine VPN or if you are only going for a few week’s vacation, use it for only a month. Either way, protect your privacy and the security of your data with avast! SecureLine VPN.
Thank you for using avast! Antivirus and recommending us to your friends and family. For all the latest news, fun, and contest information, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram.