August 12th, 2011

OK! What about avast! FREE RUN?

Last week’s post about the stylish cycling shirt caused a big stir with lots of questions, comments and also emails from people asking for a sample  ;)

For starters, an old friend called me with a proposal that his company could produce those shirts for us in Italy!  Well, we need to see about the price but I certainly thank you for the tip.

Someone else suggested that we should send these shirts as a gift to other AV companies – and he suggested AVG where several top managers are cycling enthusiasts. I think this is great idea – wouldn’t that be nice advertising!

And last but not least, even my local banker asked me for a free shirt (I thought bankers are rich… )  with a promise that he would wear it at his next cycling race.

All of this attention and the multiple comments from cyclo-maniacs sparked an idea.   In addition to cycling, there must be a number of RUNNING fans among the 160 million AVAST users.  I do this myself a little bit. In fact, I did try to run the Prague marathon two years back. It was incredible how many people were at the starting line.  And Prague doesn’t even compare to New York City Marathon where over 30 000 people make it to finish line.

So runners, are you planning to sign up for a marathon in NY, London, Boston, Paris, Sao Paulo, Prague or elsewhere?  How would you like a fancy and performance-fabric-made running shirt for free?  Sounds appealing?  Let me know and have a nice weekend.  The weather in Prague has finally warmed up to the summer-expected level so I actually should be able to go for a run.

Categories: Marketing, Uncategorized Tags:
  1. Patrick
    August 12th, 2011 at 14:45 | #1

I would love to run and get a shirt to with my Avaaaast Pirate shirt, but Im alllll the way in South Africa :-( Maybe I can do my own little ‘Marathon’ with a few friends?

2. August 12th, 2011 at 14:57 | #2

Australia!

3. August 12th, 2011 at 15:07 | #3

ohhhhhhhhh thats coool

4. David Dewald
    August 12th, 2011 at 15:20 | #4

I’m running the Chicago marathon where 40,000 people will be at the starting line! I’d love a shirt to show off. Love your anti-virus product too – blows AVG out of the water.

5. Milos Korenko
    August 12th, 2011 at 15:33 | #5

@Cathy Dekok
    Isn’t there a Sydney marathon already now in September?

6. Milos Korenko
    August 12th, 2011 at 15:34 | #6

@David Dewald
    40 000 people. That is incredible. When is it?

7. Chetankharecha
    August 12th, 2011 at 16:41 | #7

avast is very great and very updatable

8. Chandrasekar
    August 12th, 2011 at 16:47 | #8

Would like to run in Bangalore, India.

9. mick30
    August 12th, 2011 at 16:55 | #9

would like to do that but am far away in the indian ocean. but would be really glad to have one and wear so that i could promote Avast.

10. August 12th, 2011 at 17:15 | #10

I’d like a free tshirt please, if not I’d buy it

11. silver
    August 12th, 2011 at 17:35 | #11

wery good

12. August 12th, 2011 at 17:55 | #12

It looks great, I’d like a free t-shirt for running.

13. Otávio Augusto Pereira Tavares
    August 12th, 2011 at 18:19 | #13

Eu quero uma… Manda uma pra Macapá-Amapá-Brasil! Can you send me one Macapá-Amapá-Brasil? eu pago… How much?

14. August 12th, 2011 at 19:33 | #14

In Madrid there’s a huge marathon on december 31st, it’s HUGE! It’s called San Silvestre. I run every year and I’d love to run this year with the Avast shirt. I want one of them pllzzzzzz!! :D

15. anih
    August 12th, 2011 at 19:34 | #15

i cant wait to have mine am currently in montreal canada

16. numpayak payak
    August 12th, 2011 at 21:11 | #16

I’d like a free t-shirt AVAST for running in Bangkok Thailand.

17. Ivana Gomes Rodrigues
    August 12th, 2011 at 22:07 | #17

Infelismente não sei outra lingua a não ser Português e estou sem tempo para estudar no momento.

18. Ken Howey
    August 12th, 2011 at 22:19 | #18

Its not in Toronto Canada!

19. August 13th, 2011 at 02:31 | #19

Sounds fantastic! Let me know how I can get one of these!

20. August 13th, 2011 at 02:34 | #20

Ho Chi Minh city – Vietnam, please :)

21. August 13th, 2011 at 11:22 | #21

well, if you ever make those, I’d be happily wear one when biking in Croatia… the idea is really great and will make Avast really stand out!

22. August 13th, 2011 at 18:27 | #22

O momento mais impressionante pra mim foi quando, ao saber que haviam malwares tentando entrar no meu PC, eu fiz o chamado “Escaneamento ao Reiniciar”. É chato porque é demorado, no entanto, não somente fez uma limpeza de “Low Plumb”, como reparou um erro de log dentro da pasta de sistema.
    Adriano – Niterói – Brasil

23. Barbara
    August 13th, 2011 at 20:22 | #23

Just wanted to say, I am the ONLY of my friends to try Avast, it updates EVERY DAY and notifies me when there is a non-secure program. It was then set to the sandbox. I am really impressted and would really love to have the full version, but I am on disability and my funds are waaaay below what is already low. So thanks for the free program and I will contine to work it.

24. shamsher
    August 14th, 2011 at 06:28 | #24

Dear sir,having a tee shirt with the avast logo when i go for a morning walk and jog will be great and that too in such remote part of world. Please send me one nd i will be proud to wear it . Thanks.

25. Tee Kaye
    August 14th, 2011 at 08:28 | #25

I am an entrant in the upcoming NYork, USA marathon Nov 6th.. I’d enjoy wearing the shirt to help promote the marathon along w/the Avast product line..
    I have been using Avast anti-virus on my multiboot XP Pro-Win7 Enterprise pc for many months now and too show off your product to the world in November (and afterward) would be a privilege..
    Please keep me in mind when you and the gang are making choices as to whom will receive a shirt..

THANX.! ~Tee Kaye

26. Hugo
    August 15th, 2011 at 03:32 | #26

I have Windows Vista Starter. Why Avast is not compatible with Windows Vista Starter?. I would like to install it on my computer but says it is not compatible with Windows Vista Starter.

27. Milos Korenko
    August 15th, 2011 at 09:37 | #27

@Hugo
    That is correct, avast! dosn’t support Windows Vista Starter.

28. OOOPS
    August 15th, 2011 at 11:34 | #28

Футболка !для велосипедистов!, которую нужно будет одеть !для пробежки! – это как минимум странно(/рукалицо)
    PS: видимо нужно быть русским, чтобы увидеть в халяве подвох…

29. August 16th, 2011 at 00:49 | #29

It is very good software antivirus (avast)

30. Hugo
    August 16th, 2011 at 01:16 | #30

Then I’ll switch to Windows 7, because I want the Avast antivirus on my computer.

31. Juan Silva
    August 16th, 2011 at 01:31 | #31

I live in Chile and would like to buy a shirt of Avast Antivirus, which is the Antivirus I love.

32. Juan Silva
    August 16th, 2011 at 01:40 | #32

Could make a shirt that says “I love Avast Antivirus” and of course sell it, so we can buy all the fans around the world Avast.

33. August 16th, 2011 at 08:17 | #33

indonesia always wait :D

34. Milos Korenko
    August 16th, 2011 at 08:21 | #34

@Juan Silva
    We are reviewing companies that could handle the production and shipments for us. We need to outsource it – AVAST has only 160-or-so employees and we won’t have the capacity to do it in-house. I hope it will be soon :)

35. Juan Silva
    August 17th, 2011 at 02:16 | #35

OK

36. August 17th, 2011 at 11:52 | #36

@Milos Korenko + @Hugo – we(QA) tried avast! (Free/Pro/IS) with Win Vista Started. It should work however you may hit the boundaries of the OS itself – only 3 running apps with UI etc… So, it is not on the officiall list of supported platforms however the avast! should work.
    Anyway, you can try the trial first to find if your OS is fine w/ avast! ;)

37. Efrain Pardo
    August 18th, 2011 at 13:14 | #37

A group of friends are planning to run the Prague Grand Prix in September. Would it be possible to get some of those shirts? We can test them and if the material is good we can also try them for my rugby team…

cheers

EFrain

38. August 22nd, 2011 at 02:10 | #38

Very good . ;)

39. Denzil Barr
    August 23rd, 2011 at 07:40 | #39

I have run almost every antivirus program out there, yes, even all those that you pay 100 dollars for , or more, a years worth of coverage. I can assure you that there is not one that even compares to the FREE version of AVAST! It does everything very well, it doesn’t eat my resources up like Norton or McAfee, and yet it still works better in protection! I do not understand how any one single program can do so well at protecting all of my computers, yet it has not cost me one single penny.
    I will not ever use anything else, so long as I have access to this software. It does not get in the way, not even while I am downloading or playing most games. No other antivirus works like this!

40. August 24th, 2011 at 12:51 | #40

i like this avast which plays significant role in removing unwanted applications and viruses. thanks Avast!!!

41. September 1st, 2011 at 03:48 | #41

42. September 8th, 2011 at 17:55 | #42

I am from MIDDLE EAST , SULTANATE OF OMAN. and working in an MNC. I am a regular jogger and would love to run for AVAST with their aweesome T-Shirt. I use 3x or 4x T-SHIRT.

May i get one for the cause and enjoy the pride of being AVAST community member , please !

I can be contacted via : kamran.shakil@mds.com.om or personal email : kamranshakil77@gmail.com

thanks ~ awaiting response!

43. GALEA
    September 11th, 2011 at 13:40 | #43

satisfait de cet antivirus mais comment fait-on pour assainir la zone de quarantaine

44. GALEA
    September 11th, 2011 at 13:43 | #44

satisfait de cet antivirus,mais comment faire por assainir la zone de quarantaine