April 1st, 2011

avast! in the AV-Comparatives Security Survey 2011

Source: AV-Comparatives Security Survey 2011

The AV-Comparatives Security Survey 2011 (pdf) released by AV-Comparatives.org in mid-March reveals that, from a list of 70 well-known security solutions, avast! ranks second in terms of which products respondents wish to continue to see reviewed.

Notably, 5 of the top-7 requested brands are based in Central and Eastern Europe.

Laboratories that respondents considered the most “trustworthy / reliable / independent” for testing security products? AV-Comparatives, Virus Bulletin, AV-Test, ICSA Labs, and West Coast Labs.

Respondents were also asked which features and other aspects they find most important in a security product. The top 3 responses were:

1. Good detection rate of malicious files (without cloud)
  2. Good generic detection / heuristic (without cloud)
  3. Low impact on system performance

Read all 14 key observations and corresponding analyses in the AV-Comparatives Security Survey 2011 (pdf)

Considering that AV-Comparatives survey respondents are perhaps a bit different audience than readers of the avast! Blog, what do YOU think are the most important aspects in a security product?

1. April 1st, 2011 at 12:48 | #1

bon anti vérus

2. April 1st, 2011 at 12:58 | #2

avast es excelente espewro lean esto…..gracias

3. April 1st, 2011 at 17:01 | #3

hahahha

4. Igor Sikuljak
    April 1st, 2011 at 18:20 | #4

Avast: excelent(10)Igor

5. Clint
    April 1st, 2011 at 21:37 | #5

HI the features that I like in a security software like avast 6 are as follows:
    I like the ease of use that it is easy to find stuff and the software is easy to work with and understand if something is detected wether their is a virus detected or maleware on my computer.

I also like that when you need help you can go to the avast forum and get help or suggestions from nice people that will respond. I have used other antivirus products in the past and when I needed help from the company wether it was a support question or feedback often I would not get a response back for months or not even receive a response at all this makes me angry.

An antivirus product I like is one that has very few problems or bugs in it. Avast does a very good job making sure they test and if possible re test a program update before they release it to the general public witch I like a lot.

All a round I love avast free and don’t see any plans to switch anytime soon.

6. Rednose
    April 2nd, 2011 at 04:38 | #6

This survey clearly shows that Avast! is well known and appreciated :)

Greetz, Red.

7. April 4th, 2011 at 11:05 | #7

@Clint

Thanks for your feedback – it matters. Also, the avast! Forum that you mention is not only great at providing the support or feedback, but they are also largely responsible for the “ease of use” that you mentioned, as they help us test our beta versions and provide great feedback before we officially launch anything.

8. April 4th, 2011 at 19:23 | #8

I am unable to log on to company website at work. I get the error of my security settings not being compatible with my companies internet. How can o correct this problem

9. April 9th, 2011 at 08:37 | #9

avast is very good

10. April 12th, 2011 at 05:50 | #10

….Concerns about online privacy still high but down slightly ….Even while the importance of the Internet grows by some measures concerns about online privacy and the security still remain sky high. ….Concerns about credit card information a continuing major problem ….While worries about personal privacy online declined slightly in 2002 concerns about credit card security on the Internet remain as high as ever and for many users nothing will reduce their concerns.

11. shre54321
    April 14th, 2011 at 08:01 | #11

hello angela there is one to log on to the site do u use internet explorer 8 it has compability view and then thriugh this u can view the site.i hope this would help…

12. shre54321
    April 14th, 2011 at 08:03 | #12

pls give me the feedback happy to help u beautifull!!!he he he!!

13. April 15th, 2011 at 04:43 | #13

Becose i have brain and Virus Total 2.0, i like an AV who will let me stop it COMPLETELY, if this is what i want. Kaspersky KIS and KAV are the singles i knows.

14. April 20th, 2011 at 18:55 | #14

No se que a pasado pues se me cayo el antivirus y ahora tengo que poner otro pus segun era por 1 ano y no llego a 2 meses.