January 27th, 2014

What is your Privacy IQ? Take our quiz and find out!

AVAST Software is proud to be a champion of Data Privacy Day, celebrated every year on January 28th. We encourage you to make protecting privacy and data a greater priority. Read on to find out if you are a Privacy Pro!

Find out if you are a Privacy Pro or if you need to learn more to protect your personal information online by taking the My Privacy IQ Quiz. Take the quiz here, by submitting your answers, as a comment to this blog post. The first 5 participants who will answer all questions correctly win avast! SecureLine VPN for Android or iOS or an avast! teddy bear. Alternatively you can enter a quiz at our Facebook here. Quiz ends on Monday, February 3rd

blog

My Privacy IQ quiz

1) Do privacy policies guarantee that your information will be kept private?

A. Yes

B. No

2) Which of these are not recommended to share while using a public WiFi connection?

A. Your credit card

B. Your bank account information

C. Your social security number

D. All of the above

3) You really need to purchase a late birthday gift for your friend online but you are away on vacation. You have paid for a hotel public WiFi connection so your personal information will be secure. It’s ok to purchase a gift for your friend while using the hotel public WiFi.

A. True

B. False

4) What is the best way to use social networking sites?

A. Set the privacy and security settings to your personal comfort level for information sharing.

B. Avoid sharing compromising photos and information.

C. You don’t have to rely on default security settings every time

D. Option A and B

5) Once I set my privacy settings on a product or service, I don’t need to set them again.

A. True

B. False

6) All mobile apps that ask you to enable geolocation services require location data to function.

A. True

B. False

7) Which one of these passwords is the strongest?

A. eNcrYP0123tion$

B. encryptioniscoo

C.Encryption123

8) This should be your password for every site so it is easier to remember.

A. True

B. False

9) What is a cookie?

A. A small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser

B. A snack created in 1922

C. An old joke that has turned into an Internet phenomenon

10)  Answer this final question in the blog comments for a chance to win! How much do you value your online privacy?

Thank you for using avast! Antivirus and recommending us to your friends and family. For all the latest news, fun and contest information, please follow us on FacebookTwitter and Google+. Business owners – check out our business products.

1. January 27th, 2014 at 15:07 | #1

Anyone who has been on-line for any length of time has most likely already supplied enough information over time to no longer have any privacy left.
    You may value your privacy but can you really protect it in light of all the attacks ??? Just think about the attacks in recent history, NSA, security breach at Target and other Major retailers, and that only covers the most recent barrage of attacks on our security.
    In my opinion, privacy as most of us define the term is dead.
    Staying secure, can still be managed.

2. abstract
    January 27th, 2014 at 15:45 | #2

1) B. No
    2) D. All of the above
    3) B. False
    4)D. Option A and B
    5) B. False
    6)B. False
    7)A. eNcrYP0123tion$
    8)B. False
    10) using a secure online , protected service is the best way to keep out of annoying situations.

thanks

3. nineh
    January 27th, 2014 at 15:49 | #3

My asnwers are:
    01) B. No
    02) D. All of the above
    03) B. False
    04)D. Option A and B
    05) B. False
    06)B. False
    07)A. eNcrYP0123tion$
    08)B. False
    09) A. A small piece of data sent from website and stored in a user’s web browser
    10) a secure use of interent, makes it my home.

thanks

4. hiryuuko
    January 27th, 2014 at 17:28 | #4

1) B
    2) D
    3) B
    4)D
    5) B
    6)B
    7)A
    8)B
    9) A.
    10) hard question… because, although I value my online privacy, ther is a limited number of actions I can take… it is harder and harder as so much of our life is connected… the best we can hop for is secure enough of our data…

5. Diptangshu Mishra
    January 27th, 2014 at 18:06 | #5

1) B
    2) D
    3) B
    4) D
    5) B
    6) B
    7) A
    8) B
    9) A
    10) I value my online privacy as much as I value my offline privacy.Compromising my private data is somewhat similar to let an aligator inside my bedroom.Because my online identity is part of who I am and I don’t want to(obviously) let that part fall into someone’s filthy hands and let him do whatever he wants.And I don’t want to satisfy my hunger with water because someone has stolen all my money.And of course,using the same password again and again is like to venture on the ocean with a boat that has got multiple holes and I’m trying to save the boat using a cup!!!!!!

6. Geeko
    January 27th, 2014 at 22:12 | #6

1)B
    2)D
    3)B
    4)D
    5)B
    6)A
    7)A
    8)B
    9)A
    10)Data privacy is the most important thing when you use a computer. Internet is a great thing but when it is used to hurt people it is awful. Protecting data privacy is the only way if you ant to use modern technology safely. Protecting our data is simple if you use simple reflexs like avoiding Public Wifi or using various and complex password. Avoiding Spam E-mail is a basic reflex also.

7. svc0724
    January 28th, 2014 at 00:43 | #7

1. B
    2. D
    3. B
    4. D
    5. B
    6. B
    7. A
    8. B
    9. A
    10. I value my online privacy more than just about everyone I know. It is very important to me. Most people don’t realize that anything you post on the internet never goes away, it will always be there. Because of that, I’m very aware of my privacy settings, what I post, and where I post it.