After a while, your phones and tablets accumulate obsolete files and superfluous data, system caches, gallery thumbnails, and programs. This ‘junk’ slows down your device and eats up precious storage space.
Avast Cleanup identifies and cleans unwanted files from your Android device so it will run like a champ again.
Our new free app, Avast Cleanup & Boost for Android, cleans away all the unwanted files and programs so that your device is running smoothly and quickly with storage space to spare. But don’t take our word for it.
Change is good, especially when it pushes us forward and encourages us to improve. We’ve recently made a change that will benefit our users and make their experience using our products even better. Our PC optimization product formerly known as GrimeFighter has now emerged as Avast Cleanup. In addition to the name change, there’s more to this transition that Avast users can be excited about. In Avast Cleanup, we’ve got a bunch of great benefits for you to enjoy:
- Rid your PC of up to 5x more junk. Avast Cleanup continues to search for junk files, unnecessary app processes and system settings that slow down your PC’s performance. The amount of issues detected by Avast Cleanup have been improved fivefold, ensuring that your PC is cleaned as thoroughly as possible.
- Keep it clean, keep it fast. Avast Cleanup’s quick and easy scan is 10x faster, now capable of transforming your PC in minutes or even seconds. As always, exact scan times may vary due to Internet connection or amount of issues found.
- Win precious space back with new, advanced scanning features. Even a new PC can be loaded with unnecessary apps. Avast Cleanup checks when you update a program or uninstall an app, ensuring that any unnecessary leftover files don’t take up space on your PC. Since you’re immediately informed if unneeded files are discovered, you can save more space on your device than ever before.
- Organize Avast Cleanup to work around your agenda. You can schedule a daily clean, select which programs you want to load upon startup, and choose what you clean in a scan. What’s more, Avast Cleanup discreetly runs in the background while you go about your daily activities.
Avast Cleanup helps you store more of what you actually want and to accomplish it in just a few minutes. Don’t let your PC become a test of your patience — try Cleanup for yourself. Here’s how:
- For licensed users, all you need to do is install the latest version of Avast. Your GrimeFighter will then be automatically updated to Avast Cleanup. You’ll receive a notification letting you know that the update was successful.
- For users who have updated to the latest Avast version but haven’t yet purchased Avast Cleanup, you can do so either from our website or, better yet, directly through the program by navigating to the store link on left menu of the interface.
- For users who haven’t updated, you can also buy Cleanup within Avast. For now, you’ll still see it as GrimeFighter and you’ll need to do an update to the latest version of Avast in order for it to work.
Yes, GrimeFighter will speed your old laptop up, and more than that. We are quite proud of avast! GrimeFighter and see it as a complement to the services provided by avast! Antivirus, so I’m glad you asked this question. Read what one of our customers told us after using GrimeFighter on her old laptop.
Here’s a summary followed by a short video on how to get GrimeFighter for your PC.
Why do I need GrimeFighter?
New PCs come pre-loaded with what we call Grime - all kinds of clutter and trialware. Over time your PC gets bloated with more Grime; viruses, spyware, pop-ups, and toolbars, making it sluggish and difficult to use. GrimeFighter comes to the rescue as an easy-to-use, and dare I say, even fun, fully-automated optimization tool designed so that even a novice can tune up his computer.
Don’t get put off by the word “optimization.” This isn’t those scammy products advertised on late-night television – AVAST wouldn’t be a part of such things. GrimeFighter is a product that we stand behind and believe will help our users extend the life of their machines. (Windows XP users, we’re talking to you!)