The AVAST Free for Education team is excited to be attending FETC 2014 in Orlando, Florida for the first time! As part of our preparations we’ve been making an essentials packing list, which we thought we’d share with you…
- Comfy spring clothes We checked the weather report and were excited to see that it’s going to be warmer than the snow we have in Europe at the moment. No winter coats for us.
- Suitable shoes We know that there will be plenty of walking and standing, possibly some skipping too (depends on our mood), super comfy shoes are one of our “must-have” items!
- DEODORANT The days at the conference will be long, so we want to smell our best at all times!
- Toothbrush and toothpaste We don’t want to scare any of our booth visitors off and plan on showing off our pearly whites as much as possible.
- Passport/Identification We won’t name names, but we’ve seen first-hand how an out of date passport can pretty much render you useless for an international business trip
- Currency Maybe you don’t have to worry about converting your money, but we sure are looking forward to carrying around some green “Benjamins” (okay, maybe more like some “Andrews”, and “Alexanders”)
- Itinerary We’ve downloaded the FETC app, which we think is especially useful for planning your exhibition schedule (don’t forget to put booth #356 on your schedule!)
Conference essentials Read more…
The team that runs AVAST Free for Education is excited to be attending this year’s Florida Educational Technology Conference (FETC 2014) in Orlando, Florida, but also a little nervous about what to expect. Here’s the top 5 things we have been alerted to about our trip to The Sunshine State – Florida, USA!
1. Everything will be AWESOME! Americans are a very positive bunch, and describe everything good with an enthusiastic “Awesome!” So we’re prepared that FETC will be Awesome, Orlando will be Awesome, the weather will be awesome, and of course, AVAST Free for Education is TOTALLY AWESOME!! We will fit right in. Come see us at booth #356.
2. Everyone smiles. All. The. Time. Again Americans are positive bunch, and it shows on their faces. So even when the conference day is nearing an end, and our faces hurt from smiling at Awesome people and telling our Awesome story, we’ll make an effort to keep smiling. It won’t be hard, because we are genuinely happy to be at FETC.
3. Mickey Mouse is the governor of Florida and the capital is The Magic Kingdom. Need we say more?!
4. Americans don’t know where Prague is. We’ve heard that Americans are not too good at European geography. It doesn’t matter; we don’t know where Kansas is (but I promise we’ll find out!) Conference-goers just need to know which state their school and school districts are in, so we can provide them with free business-grade security protection.
5. Alligators live in every body of fresh water in Florida. We sincerely hope that doesn’t include hotel swimming pools.
We can’t wait to arrive in beautiful Orlando, Florida and spend this next week talking to our Free for Education customers, meeting new people, and saving U.S. schools and districts thousands of dollars a year. Stop by our booth #356 and attend our Learning Lab talk on Friday at 11:40.
Thank you for using avast! Antivirus and recommending us to your friends and family. For all the latest news, fun and contest information, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Business owners – check out our business products.
The first company I worked at was called “CPC”. Our product portfolio was excellent and the CPC acronym had some historical meaning but we all knew the real meaning was “Charts Producing Company”. We were making presentations and preparing for presentations all the time. As I said, the company portfolio was excellent so I didn’t really mind. Plus it was the first job. And, I can also say that I have learned something useful there too: If you present to any audience, it greatly helps if the audience is not sleeping. I know this is not a profound bit of wisdom, but it really works!