Happy Birthday, Facebook!
Remember when throwing a sheep at your friend was one of the most fun things to do on Facebook? Well, today the world’s largest social networking site is all grown up and celebrates its tenth year in existence. Happy Birthday, Facebook!
1. Facebook has more than 1.2 billion users worldwide. If it was a country, it would be the 3rd largest.
2. A vast majority of Facebook’s daily active users (972 million) live outside the U.S. and Canada.
4. The 9th most talked about event in Facebook users lives was about a piercing they got.
5. More people were talking about Pope Francis than any other topic in 2013.
6. More than 350 million photos are uploaded each day, making Facebook the most popular photo uploading service on the web.
7. The Newsfeed was introduced in 2006, the Timeline in 2011, and Graph Search, which lets you use simple phrases like "Photos of my friends in Paris," to find people, places, photos and other info is being rolled out to mobile and international audiences.
8. Facebook says that the total volume of any government data requests of any kind, national security-related or otherwise, was a small fraction of one percent in the first half of 2013.
9. Revenue for 2013 was $7.87 billion, an increase of 55% year-over-year.
10. avast! antivirus is Facebook’s most popular antivirus page with over 3.7 million fans. Help us get to 4 million by joining us there.
Thank you for using avast! Antivirus and recommending us to your friends and family. For all the latest news, fun and contest information, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Business owners – check out our business products.
What is a VPN? Don't you only need one if you work from home? And what’s the FCC got to do with it? Avast has answers.
Does booting up your PC mean you can grab a coffee and take a bathroom break? Follow these 4 quick tips to get even an old PC back up to speed.