How to create a secure password (the not-boring way)
You've probably seen applications for generating passwords. For those who have not, this is how the process actually works:
And now, the user has two options:
So what's the deal? Why am I telling you this? Because in a moment, we're going to learn how to create secure passwords - and you'll see that you are going to change passwords more often than you have previously. Because creating passwords can be fun.
So, first lession. Because we all love Rick Astley.
Let's get his most known lyrics:
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
…get the first letters of all words:
…and here we have a nice password! Right, it's a bit long...
This song was released in 1987, so:
Final result: Nggyu1987NglydNgraady
If you're a Pulp Fiction lover -
Honey Bunny: I love you, Pumpkin.
Pumpkin: I love you, Honey Bunny.
Pumpkin: Everybody be cool, this is a robbery!
Final result: Ebc,tiar!
If you're a hip hop fan, you'd probably like a password created from Grandmaster Flash's The Message.
Don't push me 'cuz I'm close to the edge
(I'm trying not to lose my head)
Year when released: 1982
Final result: 82DpmcIctte
But, don't ever, ever do this:
- use any part of your name, username, email or "what I like" in a password
- use sequences such as "abcd" or "123456" (this is most common password, according to some research, followed by "password")
- set "qwerty" as your password
- use common words (or anything that can be found in dictionary) like "monkey", "consumer", or "internet"
- give your password to anyone else
- send your password by email
- write and post it in a nearly public space - such as above your computer. Try to memorize the password, avoid writing it down
Maximum password security requires at least seven characters, a mix of upper and lower case, a few symbols, and a sense of humor. Whoever said security couldn't be fun?
Avast now provides a decryption tool for ransomware CryptoMix (offline only)
Most teens want their own smartphone, but parents can have a hard time knowing when kids can handle the responsibility.