The Avast developers invite you to participate in the Avast 2015 beta test.
Your participation gives the team working on the latest versions of the world’s most trusted security products a chance to hear your voice – what’s working for you and what is not, how you like the experience, if you see performance or connectivity problems, etc. There are multiple new low-level functions which impact the whole system, so we need your feedback to tune everything for the final release.
Two new features introduced in Avast Beta 2015
Avast NG is a hardware-based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in a standalone, safe, virtualized environment (VM) which is fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means it’s totally isolated from other applications. This feature is now powering Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. The technology will also power the Sandbox and SafeZone components in the final release.
GrimeFighter will offer free cleaning of junk files and tuning of system settings. These tasks are performed by our Zilch and Torque minions.
Changes and other new features
- Home Network Security scans your home network for vulnerabilities like WiFi status, connected devices, and router settings.
- HTTPS scanning is able to detect and decrypt TLS/SSL protected traffic in our Web-content filtering component. This feature will protect you against viruses coming through HTTPs traffic as well as adding compatibility for SPDY+HTTPS/ HTTP 2.0 traffic.
- SecureDNS protects against DNS Hijack on router/client including unsecured networks, public ones, etc. This feature is active in the paid versions only.
- Smart Scan integrates all on-demand scans into one scan with different results and recommendations. Includes Antivirus, Browser plugins, Software updates, Home Network, and GrimeFighter.
To learn more about the Avast Beta 2015 , what to test, known issues, and to leave comments, visit the avast! Community forum thread dedicated to the beta test.
Avast Beta 2015 installation links
Thank you for using avast! Antivirus and recommending us to your friends and family. For all the latest news, fun and contest information, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Business owners – check out our business products.
With avast! SecureLine for Android, you can securely use your smartphones and tablets on unsecure WiFi networks while traveling or in your favorite cafe. Those of you who live in parts of world without access to foreign services and restricted content (Netflix, Pandora, etc.) will now have a solution to their problem with avast! SecureLine. Best of all, beta testers will exclusively get a one month subscription for FREE!
Try it out and give us your feedback! We’ll be working hard to bring you the best possible product.
Please note this important open beta information:
- Only 2 servers, New York and London, will be available during the beta. The full release will include more around the world.
- Exclusive 1-month free subscription for beta testers. The standard free trial will be 7 days after the beta closure.
- avast! SecureLine runs on Android 4.0 and higher
How to install:
1. Join our beta Google+ group at http://plus.google.com/communities/112394513906169233317
2. Click on the avast! SecureLine (beta) link on this page http://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.avast.android.vpn. Once you (the user) join, the link will become active and you can opt-in.
3. Click on “Become a tester”.
4. Download through Google Play on your device OR install directly from Google Play website.avast! SecureLine for Android has an open beta, and you are invited to join!
Would you like a sneak-peek into avast! Mobile Security version 3, avast! Anti-Theft and the debut of a new product, avast! Backup? We are looking for advanced users to participate in the avast! Mobile Security Beta test starting today. This Beta test will run for a full week in which time you can give us valuable feedback that we can incorporate into our product before going public to millions of users.
Here’s how to join the Beta test
- Sign up on the dedicated avast! Mobile Beta Testers Google Plus community
- Click the product links on the right under ‘About this community’ and sign up as tester for our Beta program
- Within 24 hours of the beta launch, you’ll see upgrades to avast! Mobile Security and avast! Anti-Theft in the Google Play Store. Our new product, avast! Backup will also be available to install from Google Play.
!! Note that avast! Anti-Theft Advanced users (users who installed from our servers instead from Google Play) will need to send their IMEI to holzner at avast dot com to get their Anti-Theft client upgraded to the Beta version !!
- In order to get your free premium test license, open any of our apps and click on the “Go Premium” button
- Click on the “Voucher” button to the top right of the screen
- Enter AVASTBETATEST as the voucher code
- Get your free beta test license (valid until end of August)
- Deliver your feedback to the avast! Mobile Security forum
This release incorporates a premium line on top of our free offering. You can learn more about the features on the avast! Mobile Security forum.
Thank you for using avast! Antivirus and recommending us to your friends and family. For all the latest news, fun, and contest information, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram.