January 29th, 2013

Job offer: AVAST seeks experienced IT journalist or blogger

AVAST typically has a lot of great news to report and we’re looking for a full-time native speaker of English — with a background in IT journalism (this is important!) — to join our team in Prague.

For more information, please visit our job description for PR News Writer – English native speaker (click link).

Please note that questions about the position will NOT be answered here. Thanks.

1. February 2nd, 2013 at 07:51 | #1

dear sir
    all iwould like to apply for News and press releases creation
    log posting on security related topics
    Monitoring media for AVAST related and
    security related topics.
    I am in good health, willing to work, fast
    learning, and work well with others. I have
    good communication skill and speak English
    fluently both oral and written avast is the best anti virus in the world
    i am eletronics and communication engineeer.

2. RWcare
    February 2nd, 2013 at 10:07 | #2

It seems that many people posting here
    have not visited the job description link.
    On the job description page there are
    instructions of where and how to submit
    a CV for consideration.

Thank you very much Avast, for this type of
    ‘Alert’ that I saw today, as well as your
    excellent products. I hope greatly to
    qualify for one of your job openings
    in the future.

3. urfiramadhani
    February 2nd, 2013 at 14:45 | #3

What else! i am only a student in indonesia, i have some experience about IT, thnks :)
    +6281266332884

4. Rooman Raja
    February 2nd, 2013 at 15:12 | #4

Respected Sir/Madam,

Hope you will be fine and doing great. It is stated that I completed my
    degree of Master’s in ISLAMIC STUDIES in 2008 and after that I am teaching
    Govt Jinnah Islamia College Cantt Road, Sialkot Opp Syyed Medical Complex,
    As a Lecturer ( 6 Months Contract and after 6 Months as honorary) in Islamic Studies
    Department. My record there as a Lecturer is good and I tried my best to
    perform my duties honestly.

I have passed Law Graduation and also get the License to practice as a Lawyer.

I also Play Cricket on School Level and College Level (Off Spin Bowler) and During Teaching Session I acted as Assistant Sports Coordinator.Kindly give me This Opportunity to Work with your reliable Institute.

Waiting for gracious reply.

Thanks,
    Cordially,
    Rooman Mehmood Raja

Mob: 0092-346-6605995
    E-mail: rajarooman444@gmail.com

5. viewport
    February 2nd, 2013 at 16:42 | #5

Wow. The post asked for NATIVE English speakers. And you get the 1st 2 replies. Heh. Well.

I do USA English perfectly, so perfectly that I am often invited to write books on IT technologies (even selected over Russian whiz kids with better IT skills than mine).

Over 10 years consulting on ERPs, enterprise security, clusters and load-balancing. 15 years of language and assimilation work (how do you think I get my stories as a journalist!). 20 years of reverse-engineering (love puzzles and patterns).

Since I just registered to Avast blog (via WordPress), I’m sure you can get hold of me. Please do, if you really want native English speakers. I have a minor in journalism too. Public relations and psychology as well.

Able to work on the cheap if I can do so remotely. Expat work can be so expensive, all that moving.

6. HafizGhazali
    February 2nd, 2013 at 18:16 | #6

Howdy Avast.
    I’m no so good in experienced IT. I will try my best.
    Btw, here my number and email :

+6017-3126806
    hafizghaz@yahoo.com

Thanks for the offer Avast.
    Love AVAST.. :)

7. Wordspeare
    February 3rd, 2013 at 00:28 | #7

Hi,

My name is Jason Watson, I am from New Zealand, English is my natural language. I have written and have published four E-books, they are:

1012 ISBN: 9781452344911
    Ancient Future ISBN: 9781452387642
    Paint or be painted ISBN: 9781452340289

And my smallest, but no less enjoyable to write children’s book:

Super Duper Dog Day ISBN: 9781458133014

The E-books are for sale on Apple, Sony, Kobo, Smashwords,Amazon, Barnes & noble, Diesel & several other E-book retailers.

I have written, moderated and edited several blogs.

I am university educated, majoring in Computer Science & Philosophy.
    I am currently employed as a Database Administrator for a Government Agency. However, that roll 5 hours per day.

8. Wordspeare
    February 3rd, 2013 at 00:42 | #8

Excuse me, the connection dropped at precisely the wrong moment!

continuing on…

I have edited several theses and enjoy writing immensely. As well as this I also I have a strong background (and personal interest in) IT.

I look forward to and anticipate your acceptance!

Yours Sincerely,

J. Watson.

9. icecube58
    February 3rd, 2013 at 01:15 | #9

I have a Bsc in Electroics Engineering. Mainly specializing in hardware-software development. I Currently am in the process of obtaining my ASE designation this year. I am educated in both automotive and electronic feilds with extensive training on current technoligies from reconized college institutions. I have also written articles for Toyota, Honda, Ford and GM about evolving technoigies In Electroincs. I curently train and mentor others in this feild as well. IT has always fascinated me with its rapid state of advancement. Hope you find the right candidate for this position.

10. Wordspeare
    February 3rd, 2013 at 01:25 | #10

Not my day :)

Hi,

1012 ISBN: 9781452344911
    Ancient Future ISBN: 9781452387642
    Paint or be painted ISBN: 9781452340289

And my smallest, but no less enjoyable to write children’s book:

Super Duper Dog Day ISBN: 9781458133014

I have written, moderated and edited several blogs.

I am university educated, majoring in Computer Science & Philosophy.
    Wordspeare
    February 3rd, 2013 at 00:42 | #6
    Reply | Quote

Excuse me, the connection dropped at precisely the wrong moment!

continuing on…

I look forward to and anticipate your acceptance!

Yours Sincerely,

J. Watson.

PS: Twog10@gmail.com

11. Mike
    February 3rd, 2013 at 01:45 | #11

Um – guys, I don’t think they intended for you to apply in the open like this. Click the link in the blog post for “more information”.

12. rienohanggara
    February 3rd, 2013 at 03:02 | #12

Im student in college bussiness management salatiga,indonesia.
    and i want try this job.
    my email vandalizt_rieno@yahoo.com

thx AVAST,,i have using AVAST 1 year.

13. dev3llis
    February 3rd, 2013 at 05:08 | #13

Hey I’m Dananjaya… call me Dana…I have several certification such as Certified Ethical Hacking, CCNA, MCTS, Security+, Network+,etc..still im studying my HND in Networking..and I have work as a security consultant in software firms.. and I’m a linux developer…I have lot more experience in IT and I’m a professional photographer….plus I am currently working in a TV channel as a presenter of a IT program….
    I would be glad to work with Avast with my experience …
    +94712221712 -my T.P

14. mfadlanapriald
    February 3rd, 2013 at 06:10 | #14

Hello. I’m fadlan, Im student in SMK TELKOM MEDAN, And My hobby Blogging, journalist, Networking, MICROTIK, LINUX, Certified CCNA (CISCO), And I’m ready to work IT journalist IN AVAST.
    you can contact me :
    via email : mfadlan_apriald@yahoo.ca
    Via Telphone : 087868033904

15. mallenhall
    February 3rd, 2013 at 06:46 | #15

Amazing! The things you have to do just for a comment. As far as speaking and writing English; I am an American, raised in the mid-west state of Illinois. Enunciation and predicate were the order of the day. Yes, I can write. But, it is not my first love. I do know a little about computers and the idea of blogging for you was a nice thought.

16. February 3rd, 2013 at 11:56 | #16

Hey, i am Aseem Girkar….I am an IT engineering student and been in blogging for a year..though i don’t have a self-hosted site at present, but i work hard to strengthen my blog..you can visit my blog http://thegizcrunch.blogspot.in …Hope you give me a chance…

CONTACT ME:
    via email: asgirkar007@gmail.com

17. Rehan
    February 3rd, 2013 at 12:36 | #17

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hope u’ll be fine and doing great. It is stated that I completed my
    degree Diploma In Mechanical Engineering in 2009 and after that I’m served As a Executive at RR apparels.
    I tried my best to
    perform my duties honestly.

18. Mike
    February 3rd, 2013 at 17:53 | #18

I can’t believe how many people are applying in the “comments” section.

The want native english writers but I also am betting that they want native english READERS too.

19. Sumit
    February 3rd, 2013 at 21:50 | #19

I am an engineering graduate in Electronics and Instrumentation from INDIA….. if you can consider me, pls do inform me…. Thanks

20. ageless
    February 4th, 2013 at 01:13 | #20

Reading some of there these comments make me laugh.
    Native English speakers and IT experience was the request.
    All the other information was just a waste of time.
    If you want this job. Show some paper work.
    Post education certificates showing English grades.
    Show a letter from an IT position where you worked.
    In other words, shut up and give written proof.
    Sorry to be so blunt.

21. February 4th, 2013 at 11:10 | #21

I Final yr am a Computer Science and Engineering Student in Orissa,India.Hobbies are Designing ,Editing And Blogging.For more Details Email me on: ssah0401@gmail.com or Contact me on +91-9778577352.

22. imDCStar
    February 4th, 2013 at 13:39 | #22

i wanna join im frm pakistan have deep info abt IT N BIGGEST fan ov avast

23. Aaron
    February 4th, 2013 at 14:01 | #23

Dear Avast blog,
    I’m from Australia and have been reading, living and breathing I.T for the past 10 years.

I obtained a Certificate IV in Information Technology in 2011 (all high distinctions) and I received a score of 39/50 for English Literature in high school back in 2008.

Currently I work at a help-desk where I’m required to document the solutions to problems that arise.

I’d be interested in applying for this position but I don’t have any sample pieces to offer – If Avast is interested, I’m happy to write something fresh on a topic of their choice.

Regards, Aaron

24. February 4th, 2013 at 20:47 | #24

My name is Olowo Moses Geoffrey, from Uganda. My email is geoffrey@olowo.org. I am ready to start work now but i would prefer to do it from here.

25. Mike
    February 5th, 2013 at 01:45 | #25

My god people – READ the post – there is a LINK that you should be clicking… no one is going to give you a job because you left a comment.

1 2 12118