December 6th, 2011

avast! Free Mobile Security BETA

Christmas is getting ‘awfully’ close for all the husbands – me included – who still don’t have any gift for their wives (no gift and no idea for one.) Yes, it is only 18 days left – time to panic. Of course, the kids are excited, having no such pressures.   And just like the kids, the other people who are absolutely excited about the fact that Christmas is around the corner are the mobile phone producers.  The fourth quarter of the year is the season to be merry as sales of new devices skyrocket and reach record highs.  Economic crises or not… this year will be no exception.  It is therefore a good time to introduce a security solution that will ensure your new shiny phone is protected.

Today, we made a BETA version of our new avast! Free Mobile Security available to the public. We have included all possible antivirus and anti-theft features… in the FREE version. Here’s a short list:

• Real-time protection
  • Scanning of apps before install
  • Web Shield
  • Remote lock
  • Remote wipe
  • Remote locate
  • Remote siren
  • SIM-card change notification if somebody steals you phone and tries to change the SIM card to a new number (yes, you will get info on what the new number is)
  • and even remote picture-taking from the front or back camera!

And many more.  The full list is here at the Android Market. Have a look.

Did I say when we will launch the final product?  Soon. Very soon. Christmas is getting ‘awfully’ close, you know.  ;)

Categories: Marketing Tags: , ,
  1. alistar
    December 7th, 2011 at 01:00 | #1

I love all of your products.
    I can’t access android market because I’m living in Iran.
    please send me your program’s apk file.
    thanks

2. December 7th, 2011 at 08:07 | #2

Announcement by Vlk on our forum with some technical info without marketing :) : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=89990.0

3. December 7th, 2011 at 15:38 | #3

It also works great if your using a tablet with an Android Operating System.
    I have it installed on my Acer Iconia Tab A500 running Android v3.2

4. December 7th, 2011 at 16:28 | #4

hello there is any fraa avast antivirus for symbion OS mobiles (Nokia C6)

5. aprilxmaple
    December 7th, 2011 at 17:20 | #5

I really was loving this product.. untill i restarted my phone and my data and wifi connection wouldnt work at all, I tried going to disable firewall anddd the program wouldnt open at all . It would forclose over and again and wouldnt open at all. I was very unhappy about that. Luckiky I have a backup program and i was able to restore my phone to a pervoius date. Great product but I cant download it and use it again after that accident. That was scary.

6. ranjit
    December 7th, 2011 at 17:33 | #6

great going guys! … btw, any plans for avast on windows phone 7?

7. reza292
    December 9th, 2011 at 00:30 | #7

i love your free softwares.thanks