February 28th, 2011

What’s your favorite free antivirus and security program?

This is the question asked by CNET Download.com – one of the leading download sites – in a survey published last Friday, February 25, and running until March 3, 2011.  So if avast! is your favorite free antivirus security, help us with your vote (it only takes about 5 seconds).

UPDATE: Voting is over and the winner is… Comodo, followed by avast! in second place and Ad-Aware ranked third. Thank you to all who casted their vote for avast!  And of course congratulations to the Comodo team!  (that was a very big push in the last day)  ;)

Voting period is over – see results here: http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20036621-12.html

Categories: Marketing, Uncategorized Tags:
  1. Sarip
    March 1st, 2011 at 15:10 | #1

Avast is Best anti virus program.

2. linda
    March 1st, 2011 at 15:19 | #2

i have used avast free virus for 2 years and had no problems. today when i turned on my computer, a program named ‘system tool’ came on and told me that i had 38 virus and a bunch of trojan horses and this ‘systems tool’ wanted me to pay $ 69 to clean up my virus infection. is ‘system tool’ a avast program?

3. March 1st, 2011 at 16:02 | #3

WOW…This Anti-Virus Program is the Best,By Far! The Program Run’s silently in the Background as it Catches “Everything” including Malware, And “Avast” never bother’s you with Annoying Messages! I now see why you let People try this out for “Free”, Because “Once you Try it, You will Buy it” (How about that for an “Avast” slogan?) “Thank You, Avast”

4. Milos
    March 1st, 2011 at 16:05 | #4

@linda
    No, it is fake AV. Do not click on “run” button in download window.

5. March 1st, 2011 at 16:32 | #5

@linda
    I have noticed that whenever a “Anti-Virus Program” “Pop-up window”,Use to show up on my PC,it would tell me,that I have a whole bunch of “Viruses” on my Computer,when I know that my System is Clean, The Pop-up “Program” are the “Ones” that are putting the “Viruses on your PC,and just Swindle you for Money. Some have been caught doing this. “It’s Definitely Not Avast”. “Avast” is an “Excellent Program”. I just want to give the “Heads-Up” to Everyone about the “Pop-Up’s”, And “Avast” Blocks these “Pop-Up’s”,So I never see the “Pop-Up’s” Anymore.

6. March 1st, 2011 at 16:46 | #6

@John Walsh
    I got it “Free for 30 Days” and I didn’t have to give them my Credit Card No# or Anything…And “Avast” is the Best Anti-virus Program,that I ever had…I hope that you find the right Download, Because it’s Great…Peace.

7. Chim
    March 1st, 2011 at 23:53 | #7

DONE! Voted for avast 6.

8. Aethec
    March 2nd, 2011 at 13:06 | #8

24% for Ad-Aware? lolwut?

9. March 2nd, 2011 at 19:24 | #9

This is normal Editioon Avast Free is the most popular antivirus software, since it is the most powerful in the field of free antivirus solutions! I am user of this product for years and I recently spent a pay version that offers Internet Security really a big plus in safety! Avast thank you for protecting our data;)

10. shervin
    March 4th, 2011 at 00:32 | #10

hi . i installed avast internet security 6. but i have this error: unsecured.please use the fix button…..but i used fix button then nothing it not work. i reinstalled but nothing help me. bec also cannot update too. thx shervin holmz

11. Kelly
    March 5th, 2011 at 02:55 | #11

NORTON Internet Security is the VERY BEST by far!!! Have used for ten plus years!!! If you want the BEST protection out there get NORTON Internet Security, by Symantec!!! :-)

12. sandra
    March 5th, 2011 at 17:22 | #12

I love avast it dose a grate job I had Norton and it did not stop the viruses thank you for your free antivirus

13. Elena Husinko
    March 9th, 2011 at 00:08 | #13

@Milos

U are absolutely right. This download almost ruined my computer.

14. jjschooner
    March 17th, 2011 at 02:04 | #14

I have used Norton, MCaffee, and AVG. At this place in time I’m all for Avast!

15. datuk syapei
    March 18th, 2011 at 16:13 | #15

avast the best antivirus

16. datuk syapei
    March 18th, 2011 at 16:19 | #16

avast the good choice for antivirus

17. datuk syapei
    March 18th, 2011 at 16:22 | #17

nice avast

18. datuk syapei
    March 18th, 2011 at 16:25 | #18

vote for avast

19. jonzy28
    March 23rd, 2011 at 12:11 | #19

I’ve used Norton, AVG and McAfee all in the past and have been using avast! now for almost 2 years. It is my belief that most all of them are a matter of choice but what I look for and find more attractive about avast! is its ease of use and most importantly that it runs silently in the background and uses very little system resources (unlike the aforementioned AV’s) therefore not bogging down my system and causing it to run slower. The new WebRep feature is great and has already saved me in the few months since using it.

20. Shemeer
    March 25th, 2011 at 04:48 | #20

I Just started using computer before 14 years ,I have used Norton and MCAfee and Kaspersky during the first 3-4 years .After which i installed Avast,and had been using it all e while!(9-10 years i think ).absolutely free of charge,and my computer is super smooth.I have installed avast on many computers,None gave me any problem.i love avast. Avast is the best…

21. jooli
    March 26th, 2011 at 15:11 | #21

i have two AV – avast and avira- in two diferent sistems and I think both are good but avast is more nice and seems more strong . seven is running very well with avast 6 free

1 2 1701