May 3rd, 2010

An interview about avast! 5 and its future

Softpedia recently asked me a few questions about avast and its future, which resulted in this article: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Exclusive-Interview-avast-5-140693.shtml

In case you have some additional questions about our technologies, or our strategy moving forward, I’ll try to answer these in the Comments section below.

Categories: General Tags:
  1. Debanjan Das
    May 20th, 2010 at 09:06 | #1

Ringman :
    Unfortunate internet system in my country blocked Softpedia by unknown reason.

should i use a firewall other than windows firewall with avast home edition. And would installing a firewall with avast home edition damage my system files or cause my system to freeze?????//
    PLz help?????

2. May 21st, 2010 at 13:24 | #2

پورتال عمران و نقشه برداری

3. May 21st, 2010 at 13:27 | #3

پورتال عمرن و نقشه برداری مهندسی

4. Adriana
    May 23rd, 2010 at 01:28 | #4

MUY LINDO LOS PRODUCTOS DE ANTIVIRUS AVAST

5. Mario
    May 25th, 2010 at 15:23 | #5

Hey Avast! Yesterday i downloaded a toolbar made by conduit.com and i also went to conduit.com. other antivirus websites with a website check said that it downloads Malware Please Check the Site and if it does download malware than Have Avast Free edition detect it please. im scared cause i hope there isnt no virus on my labtop.

6. Steve
    May 27th, 2010 at 00:16 | #6

Hey Avast, why don’t you offer a home site license for a very reasonable price as some other AV vendors do. I think there is a lot of people like myself that have quite a few PCs at home – test cubes and such. I/we use the free Avast on most of them, but would pay a reasonable amount for a home site license if you offered one. Paying for multiple single licenses becomes too expensive quickly, so the free product is the only other choice.
    I feel you would profit from this scenario, as many free users would become paying customers. Please consider…
    Thanks for offering such a great product.

PS – what about developing a commercial product for 200+ ? The Avast AV client is *SO* much better than most of the AV competitors in that space, I think you’d do well.

7. RALF
    May 27th, 2010 at 04:19 | #7

Sorry, I posted here. Becourse, no one answer me on “support@avast.com”… I needs help… Thx..

Dear Sir:
    Thanks to provide free Avast! for us.
    I used 4.8 Avast! can not be updated….
    Reason is registration code to be overdue….
    Could you tell me how could I get new registration code to be continued….
    Maybe you ask me why I didn’t change new version….
    5.0 home version is not more powerful than 4.8 home
    4.8 home had memory check, 5.0 home hadn’t….
    Finally, I want to ask why your website No Traditional-Chinese language….
    I remember you had before….
    I know many user use Avast! in Taiwan…..
    Anyway… thanks again….

8. Fernando Coronado
    May 28th, 2010 at 18:43 | #8

Hello
    In my computer began to open windows. These windows were saying phrases like …. Access violation at address in module “pocoyo.exe.” Network of address …….
    Make a complete scan with Avast free, but found nothing.
    So we did a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found that pocoyo.exe is a banker trojan and quarantined. Why Avast found nothing in a full scan? Why the coat of behavior could not anticipate this trojan?.
    It infected the computer here:

Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run \ pocoyo (Trojan.Banker)

Infected files:
    C: \ WINDOWS \ pocoyo.exe (Trojan.Banker)

If you do not know this malware I leave a link for information:

I hope you have understood the message, please excuse my English.

9. ronald kleinbach
    May 30th, 2010 at 18:43 | #9

I installed avast 5 and it doesnt work, i would like to get avast 4.8 back, but avast 5 will not uninstall. please help! thank-you

10. Waleed
    May 31st, 2010 at 09:11 | #10

@ronald kleinbach download this tool and run it from the safe mode
    afer restart try to install avast 5 again may be it work fine

11. john tuzcu
    May 31st, 2010 at 14:29 | #11

@RALF
    Help!!! I paid for avast upgrade some time ago. I have yet to receive any keys to complete the upgrade. Despite several emails no one has the courtesy to reply to me. This matter is really annoying me

12. ASR.