September 14th, 2009

Moving Day

Friday was moving day for us. For most of our company’s history, we have been in this building. We had the 2nd and 3rd floors (for Americans, that is the 3rd and 4th floors) in the building you see below. As you can tell, the building is not in the best of shape. Its windows were leaky, there was no air conditioning, and the elevator was quaint. But, it was a short walk to the metro and right on the tram lines. The basic problem though is that we did not have enough space—only about 800 square metres (9,000 square feet). We have been growing very rapidly and the building just did not have the space or connectivity that we needed. But it was home for many, many years and I am sure our staff will remember it fondly.

So over the weekend we moved into the brand new building on you see below. We have about 3x as much space in this building—about 2,600 metres (30,000 square feet), much better redundant internet connectivity, and un-interrupted power supply. We have been working for nearly a year to find this building and have it built out. It is a brand new building right on a metro/underground line. We have the top most floor (counted in the US style in this building as the 8th floor). Plus we have the top 5 floors of the tower (8 – 12).

Our new address is

Alwil Software

Trianon House

Budejovicka 1518/13a

Praha 4, 140 00

Czech Republic

And thanks to Pavel Baudis for the photos.

Categories: CEO's corner Tags: , ,
  1. 216
    September 14th, 2009 at 13:21 | #1

Congrats on the move up!

2. spg SCOTT
    September 14th, 2009 at 17:07 | #2

Very nice, and Well deserved :)

Congratulations and Good luck in the new building.

-Scott-

3. September 14th, 2009 at 19:26 | #3

Hope the office move is going smoothly for you, Milos and your team.

All the best,
    Julian

4. jadinolf
    September 15th, 2009 at 05:43 | #4

Nice building. With any luck, I’ll get to visit you some day.

Enjoy.

5. i’ll evanesce
    September 15th, 2009 at 12:56 | #5

goodluck!! :D
    i wish i live in czech republic to come and visit you guys!!!

6. September 15th, 2009 at 14:27 | #6

I wish everything going well for Avast’s Team on their new “Home” :D

7. Angelo
    September 15th, 2009 at 19:48 | #7

Very nice. i guess the new place will inspire you even more. Do you have a date for the next release?
    Keep on the good work!

8. September 15th, 2009 at 19:52 | #8

Which is the new one? The upper one?
    Just joking. Enjoy and good luck, now you can do software even better.

9. oon boon chye
    September 18th, 2009 at 13:02 | #9

Dear CEO
    I really appreciate your kindness to grant free of charge to residential users like me. I like your AVAST so much that I recommended to some friends and they all like it. We are aware that we probably can’t pay you much but we would like to express our appreciation from time to time by a little donation for your inspiration. Is there anywhere in your website we can do this?

Thanks once again. You have been a great inspiration!

10. johlah
    September 18th, 2009 at 19:30 | #10

Best donation is buy avast! Proferssional version!

11. Belrac
    September 19th, 2009 at 14:58 | #11

I congratulate you,you’re the best,Good luck.

12. tom hall
    September 20th, 2009 at 03:30 | #12

@spg SCOTT
    very nice building scott

13. September 20th, 2009 at 13:02 | #13

Dear Vince,

Please keep your qualitative different between another brands even you move to the new building.

Keep moving forward to growth the market.

Regards,
    Yanto Chiang

14. September 20th, 2009 at 21:12 | #14

@Angelo
    Angelo, the beta has been out and we expect general release to be early in November.

15. September 20th, 2009 at 21:13 | #15

@German
    No worries Angelo. I wondered that too from the pictures. Trust me though, the differences in the buildings is as distinct as night and day.

16. ilker
    September 23rd, 2009 at 12:07 | #16

It would be wonderful if you add huge avast! ball to the top of the tower which is spinning slowly !

17. September 30th, 2009 at 12:02 | #17

Eu estou precisando do registro do avast e ficarei muito agradecido se por gentileza vocês enviarem o registro do avast para o meu email:(paul_sergyo@hotmail.com)

Obrigado a todos

18. Alex
    October 5th, 2009 at 16:21 | #18

I love avast I have everyone I know hook on you guys and girls keep up the great work and I can’t wait for avast 5. O one more thing a friend of mine has been having trouble with GREEN ANTI-VIRUS malware and avast does not see it as a threat if you guys could look into that for maybe an update or something thanks and I agree with ilker big blue avast ball would be awesome.

19. October 6th, 2009 at 16:32 | #19

@Alex
    Thanks Alex. I believe that GREEN ANTI-VIRUS is one of the hundreds of thousands of scam ware floating around. We detect most of these but they change constantly. Plus, the fact that they usually do not exhibit the characteristics of malware (they just pretend to find viruses and then ask for money), makes them more difficult. If we are not detecting it now, we should soon.

20. October 6th, 2009 at 18:44 | #20

That’s an awesome office. It’s always fun to move into a new space. Well, moving day isn’t always fun, well, only if you’re organized.

21. Allan Persad
    October 8th, 2009 at 06:54 | #21

Very Well Deserved! I am A new user to Avast and so far my experience with you guys has been great. Congrats on the new building! and keep up the great service!!!